Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Brad Reed

Gone to Crooks and Liars. Hope all goes well.

In not-Brad-Reed AlterNet news, I got an email from Brian Hill. No no, not the former coach of my much-lamented Vancouver Grizzlies, but Brian Hill, debunker of lies about whether or not people are right-wing maniacs. Thrill to a man who will read out thing he finds on the internet! Unless the items are too long, and then he will explain that the item is too long to be read. Orly Taitz has put episode 2 up, but her site may still be infectious, so we'll leave out the link.



Sadly, debunking spree episode 2 is missing visuals for the intro. I encourage you to click episode 3:



And more from my inbox, because we are wholly focus-free:
What do you see? Cindy and Meghan McCain. Mother and daughter. Stalwarts of the Republican Party. Wife and daughter of Senator and past Republican presidential nominee, John McCain. Duct tape? Elephant?
INTEREST AND NEWSLETTER!!!

But wait, it's Eugene Delgaudio, an outworthy name if I ever heard one, harping on about the dreaded homosexual again. Two wars, a poisoned sea, climate change and an economic collapse and Eugene's worried about the homosexual who won't stop sucking his cock.

That's Eugene there on the right.



Via Steve Clemons:
[Dear Penthouse Forum:]

One stormy night I drove to a mailshop hidden deep in a nearly deserted stand of warehouses. I'd heard something was up and wanted to see for myself.

As I rounded the final turn my eyes nearly popped. Tractor-trailers pulled up to loading docks, cars and vans everywhere and long-haired, earring-pierced men scurrying around running forklifts, inserters and huge printing presses.

Trembling with worry I went inside. It was worse than I ever imagined.

Row after row of boxes bulging with pro-homosexual petitions lined the walls, stacked to the ceiling.

My mind reeled as I realized hundreds, maybe thousands, more boxes were already loaded on the tractor-trailers. And still more petitions were flying off the press.

Suddenly a dark-haired man screeched, "Delgaudio what are you doing here?" Dozens of men began moving toward me. I'd been recognized.

As I retreated to my car, the man chortled, "This time Delgaudio we can't lose."
I realized then that I had left my keys in the car and the doors were locked. Slowly the burly men approached, and I held my ground, noticing that the dark-haired man taking the lead wore no shirt with his overalls, and one strap was hanging down along a well-muscled right arm.

Et cetera.

9 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

He'll do well there- it's a more earnest, less snarky environment. Is he still writing for AlterNet?

Substance McGravitas said...

I dunno, I don't wade through AlterNet. I did get a fairly baffling email from there recently...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Bradly, No!

P.S. WV: mantan. What's Boehner got to do with it?
~

M. Bouffant said...

Interesting newsletter.

There won't be nearly as many of these pathetic closest cases in the future, will there? Eventually they won't need to hate themselves?

mikey said...

I don't think there's any reason to think that because Brad got a piece published on C&L he's leaving his past behind. But he IS beginning to get recognition, so eventually he probably will.

He's a good writer. His stuff at his day job is good too. If he was to walk away from the snark, or at least not try to operate from the "humor writer" pigeonhole, he's got a chance...

Smut Clyde said...

That's Eugene there on the right.

You can't fool me, young man. That's a lagomorph in disguise.
Note the Orb lapel-pin.

guitarist manqué said...

Eventually they won't need to hate themselves?

Well that will just leave them hating us. It's all about the hatorade.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

What did he expect to find in a maleshop?

Smut Clyde said...

Orly Taitz has put episode 2 up, but her site may still be infectious

Grunty male-beast!!