Among various responsibilities:
List I—Union List [That's the central government.]
3. Delimitation of cantonment areas, local self-government in such areas,
the constitution and powers within such areas of cantonment authorities and the regulation of house accommodation (including the control of rents) in such areas.
20. Pilgrimages to places outside India.
26. Lighthouses, including lightships, beacons and other provision for the safety of shipping and aircraft.
31. Posts and telegraphs; telephones, wireless, broadcasting and other like forms of communication.
40. Lotteries organised by the Government of India or the Government of a State.
51. Establishment of standards of quality for goods to be exported out of India or transported from one State to another.
59. Cultivation, manufacture, and sale for export, of opium.
60. Sanctioning of cinematograph films for exhibition.
84. Duties of excise on tobacco and other goods manufactured or produced in India except—(a) alcoholic liquors for human consumption;96. Fees in respect of any of the matters in this List, but not including fees taken in any court.
(b) opium, Indian hemp and other narcotic drugs and narcotics, but including medicinal and toilet preparations containing alcohol or any substance included in sub-paragraph (b) of this entry.
List II—State List
6. Public health and sanitation; hospitals and dispensaries.
8. Intoxicating liquors, that is to say, the production, manufacture, possession, transport, purchase and sale of intoxicating liquors.
9. Relief of the disabled and unemployable.
10. Burials and burial grounds; cremations and cremation grounds.
15. Preservation, protection and improvement of stock and prevention of animal diseases; veterinary training and practice.
16. Pounds and the prevention of cattle trespass.
30. Money-lending and money-lenders; relief of agricultural indebtedness.
31. Inns and inn-keepers.
33. Theatres and dramatic performances; cinemas subject to the provisions of entry 60 of List I; sports, entertainments and amusements.
34. Betting and gambling.
44. Treasure trove.
51. Duties of excise on the following goods manufactured or produced in the State and countervailing duties at the same or lower rates on similar goods manufactured or produced elsewhere in India:—(a) alcoholic liquors for human consumption;58. Taxes on animals and boats.
(b) opium, Indian hemp and other narcotic drugs and narcotics;but not including medicinal and toilet preparations containing alcohol or any substance included in sub-paragraph (b) of this entry.
List III—Concurrent List [These are shared responsibilities.]
8. Actionable wrongs.
15. Vagrancy; nomadic and migratory tribes.
16. Lunacy and mental deficiency, including places for the reception or treatment of lunatics and mental deficients.
17. Prevention of cruelty to animals.
18. Adulteration of foodstuffs and other goods.
19. Drugs and poisons, subject to the provisions of entry 59 of List I with respect to opium.
27. Relief and rehabilitation of persons displaced from their original place of residence by reason of the setting up of the Dominions of India and Pakistan.
29. Prevention of the extension from one State to another of infectious or contagious diseases or pests affecting men, animals or plants.
39. Newspapers, books and printing presses.
47. Fees in respect of any of the matters in this List, but not including fees
taken in any court.