Monday, August 1, 2011

Unity in Finger-Pointing

What is more satisfying than having fluff news confirm your prejudices?
Vancouver-based testing firm AptiQuant Psychometric recently polled more than 100,000 English-speaking adults in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australasia. They were asked what version of browser they used, then asked to take a standard IQ test.

The results: People who use Opera are most likely brainiacs; those who prefer Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Camino are, while not exactly Einstein, still smarter than your average bear; and those who use any flavor of Internet Explorer probably could not find their mouse with both hands and need help tying their shoes.

11 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I used to use Opera on the old pc.

Firefox is my main browser now. I might try that Chrome deal out someday.
~

mikey said...

That's dumb.

To the extent that there's any truth to it, it's the people who customize their systems and the people who use them out of the box.

We tend to think of people who don't change anything (I honestly know people who won't use bookmarks) as stupid, and there's no doubt they arean't comfortable with technology, but often they turn out to know shit I'd never come close to grasping...

M. Bouffant said...

I am amused that JAB(FLA)™ has received five page views from Playstation Portable.

But those people don't even wear shoes, so they can use their feet to find the mouse too.

Substance McGravitas said...

I honestly know people who won't use bookmarks

I am one of those.

Smut Clyde said...

Riddled proves to be 60% Firefox and only 11% IE, which proves that our readers are even smarter than yours (which is odd since they're basically the same readers).

Substance McGravitas said...

I get all those Pokémon hits.

Hamish Mack said...

Just an average numbskull me, so I couldn't handle a non-standard browser. And mainly I don't use IE because THEY want me to. Hah hah oppressors, cop that.

J— said...

Smarts aside, that small group using Gran Paradiso probably has more fun.

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

Firefox! Not retarded at least!

Smut Clyde said...

No-one able to verify the existence of "AptiQuant".

W/v is "tests". Not making this up.

Substance McGravitas said...

The tipoff to "funny business" for me was their claim to being sued by the disgruntled IE users.

Now I am off to sue television.