Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Eyes Crossing With Awesome

Go read this now. It is funny.

What to say about it?
Self-described Black American Conservative Lloyd Marcus was feted last Friday night before the Santa Barbara Tea Party by famed songwriter Tom Snow at Snow’s fabulous Montecito mansion overlooking the valley and Pacific Ocean beyond.
Ooo! Rootsy!
Pajamas Media TV has discovered him and brought him on board to be the face of PJTV’s American Tea Party project.
Let us spit-take. And embed once more as this, my friends, is promising:


During an hour-long interview on my radio program The Andrea Shea King Show, Lloyd and his wife Mary [...]
I confess this throws me somewhat.
“Oh! And I have to tell you!” he excitedly interrupts himself. “This is a perfect example of the American spirit because the day before the Tea Party, the organizers were told that they could not have a singer! And their venue got scared and backed out. They had already flown me in from Florida."
More grass rootery!
After the rally, emcee and national talk radio host Tammy Bruce passed along a message to Lloyd that Mike Leahy of Top Conservatives on Twitter, or TCOT, wanted to talk to him. Leahy is the publisher and editor of the TCOTreport.com, and has taken the lead in organizing most of the Tea Parties to date. He recently joined Pajamas Media TV where he hosts a regular online Tea Party update newscast.
Et cetera.

6 comments:

Another Kiwi said...

My company hadn’t done that, but I had always done music on the side, but had never really given it a shot. I wanted to pursue my music career. I came home and said ‘I want to quit my job’.”
“Mary said ‘OK, let’s do it’. I wish I would have had half a brain and a game plan,” he laughed. “I just walked in and quit! I didn’t have any money in the bank saved. That was kind of the arrogance of youth. You could do anything!
We wound up being broke for fifteen years and to make a long story short, four years ago we were homeless".
That's the kind of Conservative thinking that made the economy great!!
Yeah right, grassroots.

Righteous Bubba said...

He went Galt, man. By, um, begging for attention.

herr doktor bimler said...

So Notasinger has taken the place of Notaplumber? How brief the limelight lasts.

J— said...

Once the grass has roots, it doesn't matter how high or far it grows or flies, or who pays. It's still rooted in spontaneous authenticity.

Righteous Bubba said...

Blogger just doesn't like line breaks any more.

Righteous Bubba said...

The Tax Day Tea Party in Sacramento on April 15th will be ground zero for Pajamas Media TV and Lloyd Marcus. Fox Business News honcho Neal Cavuto will emcee. Can it get rootsier? I think not.