Saturday, May 21, 2011

How Much is a Billionaire Worth?

Brendan wrote this about Donald Trump passing up the presidency for a TV contract:
If you're a billionaire who wants to be President of the United States, you don't need "as much as" $60 million, much less spread out over the next three years. If you had a billion dollars, you'd only need to earn 2% interest on it to make "as much as" $60 million over three years.

So, he's lying about believing he could win or about how much money he has, or both. Release the long-form financial disclosure or STFU, Chump.
Yesterday at the Des Moines Register:
New York billionaire Donald Trump told Iowa Republican leaders Friday that he was “very surprised and saddened” to hear that they canceled their June 10 fundraising dinner after he told them that he no longer planned to give the keynote speech.

The cancellation came after Trump stopped toying with a presidential bid Monday, then backed out of the speaking engagement on Thursday.

On Friday, apparently stung by criticism from the spurned Iowans, Trump offered to travel to Iowa and speak if the Republicans would change their minds and hold the dinner.

“I promise you that my speech will be fantastic. My word is my bond,” he wrote to Matt Strawn, chairman of the Iowa Republican Party.
So... You figger he was getting paid for that speech?

14 comments:

bjkeefe said...

Even he wouldn't be that much of a slime, would he?

Wait. What am I saying ...

Smut Clyde said...

My word is my bond
Heh.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

He's defaulted on his bonds before, so it's an apt metaphor.
~

bjkeefe said...

Nice.

Hogeye Grex said...

Ahh. Junk bonds, I see.

Hamish Mack said...

Let the record show that I, AK,went off topic at this time on this day. Have youse seen Telepathic Ed's brilliant analysis of Canadia?
He has been to 12 presidential Libraries, you know!

Substance McGravitas said...

I have, and I can say with pride that our border guards are just as dumb as American border guards.

Hamish Mack said...

You see how useful International Best Practice is?

Substance McGravitas said...

Did they get their ISO rating or did they just confiscate it?

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Donald Trump just plays a billionaire on T.V.

guitarist manqué said...

I can say with pride that our border guards are just as dumb as American border guards.

More spiteful and mean spirited in my experience. It shouldn't be that way but it is.

Substance McGravitas said...

They once charged me duty for a coat that I'd owned and worn for a year. I didn't have a receipt, what was I gonna do? Give them the coat?

ckc (not kc) said...

...no statute of limitations on being an RWAsshole

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

"How Much is a Billionaire Worth?"

Let's melt a few of 'em down and see what they bring at the Assayer's.