Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Trivia

Food today was Vietnamese at Nam Phuong, gummi worms (I am going surprisingly slow on that bag) Pepsi Max, three beers during the workday (New Year's resolution to drink more paying off!) and a cupcake. Hipsters at the cupcake place sent me to the Center for Architecture and Design bookstore and Omoi for Lovely Daughter-placating trinkets and these are those:



Flight tomorrow after a grueling morning, so I think I will go bar-hopping to increase the pain. Oscar's and Good Dog were recommended by the resident hipster at Omoi, and I also saw a Belgian place. Why not sample all three, says I.

Gee whiz hipsters are swell.

UPDATE:


Belgian beer place seating space overrun by nitwits speaking some variety of idiotic French. Where the fuck did THEY come from?

16 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Did you have pho at the Vietnamese place? I like mine with extra tendon.

You can't go wrong with Belgian beer.

(New Year's resolution to drink more paying off!)

Durn tootin'!

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

Hipsters are like your urban sherpas.

cupcake

You are a bastard. Please tell me you got one of those fancy ones.

The store has been bookmarked. Awesome, Slayerish stuff there.

I don't recall my dad ever bringing me stuff that neat. Lovely Daughter is Lucky Daughter.

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

Did you have pho at the Vietnamese place? I like mine with extra tendon.


I recently discovered Pho and have decided I want to try and make a variation in my crockpot.

mikey said...

Irony, they name is Substance.

Er...Well, you know...

Hamish Mack said...

Treats are OK, but don't forget your trace element Gummi bears.

Substance McGravitas said...

I got The Massacre at the cupcake place. I recommend the Taro Gomi books as kiddie projects.

Did you have pho at the Vietnamese place?

I got noodles with lotsa everything and some pork spring rolls, all of which was very tasty. Leftovers went to a particularly pathetic beggar outside the hotel.

Substance McGravitas said...

Hmm, trying a drinking joke on a guy from the Saudi cultural office is maybe not the wisest thing. Nor are truffled cheesesteak empanadas.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

You can but try to spread the joy, S_McG.
~

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Are you blogging from a plane on the runway?
~

Substance McGravitas said...

Nope. Surprise visit from Kazakhs on now!

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

So what's the joke? You may or may not have noticed, but I am not Saudi.

Substance McGravitas said...

They're often easily-offended Muslims who get touchy about drinking. I managed to be apologetic quickly enough.

mikey said...

...So I asked him: "Why, are you feeling a little Sikh?"

el Manquécito said...

Yeah, maybe it just wasn't a sunni day.

Substance McGravitas said...

He was a little Shia.

M. Bouffant said...

Surrounded by pho places. But after "I like mine with extra tendon," no way in hell.