Friday, April 27, 2012

This Day and Age

Via The Corner, video of unrepentant racist Pat Buchanan:
In this day and age, if you are not called some names and you have been in journalism as long as I have, then you probably have not said anything very much worthwhile in my judgment…. What I am is a heretic to the conventional wisdom as it moves further and further left and you are more and more outside. I mean my views in that book many of them would not even have been controversial had they been written a while ago.
Pat's in his 70s so I imagine that "a while ago" is somewhat more elastic than The Lovely Daughter's definition.

Look out Pat! The National Review just fired a couple of racists in a completely sincere attempt to gather amulets. Will The Corner's commentariat weigh in?

13 comments:

mikey said...

Well, yeah. He's right.

That prick Huck Finn had a bit of a mouth on him too...

Substance McGravitas said...

It isn't called paleoconservatism for nothing.

Kathleen said...

my views in that book many of them would not even have been controversial had they been written a while ago.


LOL so hard. Unintentional hilarity is hilarious.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

He went to my High School.

*so proud*
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

The most famous person from my High school is Russ Feingold.

It's kind of sad.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

ummm, I don't mean to say that Russ is sad.

Just that it's sad that nobody more famous has come out of the high school.

I'M certainly not going to fill in one of those spots.

Substance McGravitas said...

I have no idea if anyone famous, even in local terms, graduated from my high school. School spirit is a much less important thing here.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

See, there's your problem, S_McG.

Not enough teen spirit.
~

Substance McGravitas said...

Pretty sure there wasn't Teen Spirit in Canada when that song came out.

fish said...

I went to school with professional gamblers Howie and Annie Lederer.

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

A girl from my rival high school went on to be a soap star.

Smut Clyde said...

An amulet is a small amul, right?

Substance McGravitas said...

Aren't they Australian?