Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Krazy Kats

On the heels of the Derbyshire firing, we find Rich Lowry moving on to other more personal matters:
In other news, my cat died. I adopted Monroe and Jackson on a whim as youngish cats from a pet-adoption outfit that operated from a park near my NYC apartment. I quickly realized it wasn’t fair to keep cats in a studio apartment when I was never around, and sent them to the paradise of my parents’ place in suburban Virginia.
Get the Derb affair behind you Rich. There are important things to consider. The death of an innocent kitty is so—
Monroe was all-black, with long, elegant feline lines.
Oh man.

Large charcoal sketch of innocent black kitty at the link, and this comment:
Mr Lowry

With all due respect to your feline friend, you already jumped the shark once this week.

Giant charcoal sketches of your kitty are just a bit over the top.

Sign me -- a National Review reader for several decades, currently having doubts about the management

5 comments:

ckc (not kc) said...

...a pet-adoption outfit that operated from a park ???

Yeah, no warning bells on that one!

Smut Clyde said...

your feline friend ... jumped the shark

Metaphor needs moar references to the elephant in the corner of the room. Or indeed, the elephant in the room of the Corner.

tigris said...

I quickly realized it wasn’t fair to keep cats in a studio apartment when I was never around, and sent them to the paradise of my parents’ place in suburban Virginia.

So really his parents' cat died, yet it's still all about him.

bbkf said...

so he nabbed a couple of stray cats from a homeless person in the park, neglected them and then sent them to a 'nice farm out in the country'? yeah, i think we all know what that means...

i'm not a cat person, but dayum, i feel sorry for those kitties...

Substance McGravitas said...

Yes, boo hoo, "my" cat died while someone else was taking care of him for years.