Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Further News on the Diagnostic Front

The NY Times:
Beneath Brittany Lietz Cicala’s porcelain skin and flowing blond hair are blemishes from nearly three dozen surgeries to remove cancerous moles, including an eight-inch scar across her back. The 2006 Miss Maryland title-holder, Ms. Cicala, 24, blamed an obsession with tanning beds for triggering the cancer.

[...]

In Monday’s news conference at the Hearst Tower in Midtown, Ms. Cicala said she started tanning at age 17 and within two years became a “tanorexic” who fake baked at least four times a week. She believed tan was beautiful, she said. Now she feels differently.
What a brave woman. I use her strength to offer my confession: I am showerexic, compelled to clean myself every morning.

HUG ME.

9 comments:

fish said...

It nearly cost me my life.

Almost certainly it has. Only question is when.

mikey said...

Meh. I mostly spend my time indoors, with computers and that kind of crap. Hell, I can go WEEKS without getting dirty. A bar of soap can last me six months.

What?

Substance McGravitas said...

You can cross soaporexia off your list then.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I saw Diagnostic Front open for the Bad Brains at L'amour East.

Substance McGravitas said...

Dammit, I never got around to tacking an Agnostic Front video on to this...

M. Bouffant said...

HUG ME.

Not until after that shower.

Smut Clyde said...

First you need to work on that compulsive blogging habit.

Smut Clyde said...

Also, if anything "Beneath [one's] porcelain skin and flowing blond hair" count as blemishes, then I would like the deplorable state of my intestines and my peculiar bone condition to be taken into account.

Hamish Mack said...

If I had to choose I would prefer a chitinous skin to a porcelain one. Better in the armour stakes quite considerably.
BUT we now know why Mikeys web cam picture is kind of foggy looking.