Friday, December 10, 2010

Play Count

Somehow the network drive lost my iTunes library file so I found an old one, used that, and imported - once again - every goddamned file I have. Top ten in terms of play counts not including a couple of thousand other songs:

Cow The Melvins 586
On Suicide Art Bears 219
La Migra (Cruza La Frontera II) Brujeria 191
I Get Wet Andrew W. K. 165
An Ending (Ascent) Brian Eno With Daniel Lanois & Roger Eno 140
Pandemonium Killing Joke 120
Mouth for War Pantera 103
Fucking Hostile Pantera 103
Cotton Bolls Killdozer 96
Guilty Of Being White Slayer 79

Apparently I like loud music unless it's about suicide and then I like weird music just as much. Also: I am a big fascist or something. The Melvins piece at the top is kind of a cheat: the song's okay, but it ends with two-and-a-half minutes of heavy trudging drums and I can listen to that forever, so I set the file to start at the drum solo. And then listen for a respectable proportion of forever.*



*To an eight-year-old.

3 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

turns out I could listen to it for 17 seconds.

I guess I am still an eight year old.

Substance McGravitas said...

That playlist is apparently from a first install of iTunes when I brought in everything I could that was loud.

Smut Clyde said...

ZRM is confused. We are not discussing early Cure albums.