Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Black Wires

Like a yokel congressman hates the NEA, I too can hate art. The Philamedelphia Artsy Whatchamadooey hosts this monstrosity, which must be carefully guarded against Archie Andrews and a big ladder. Can't recall its provenance, but clearly the artist didn't choose his transformers wisely. Yes, it's a shit photo, but the subject matter was just not that important.



On the other hand I'm awfully fond of this crazy bullshit called Circles in a Circle painted by Wassily Kandinsky in 1923. Yet it's still a shit photo:

1 comment:

Herr Doktor Bimler said...

Whenever I see a bright red spiral like that, I reach for my spotting knife.

[Just Googled "spotting knife" to check whether it's a well-known term. The first 10 entries were all from New Zealand. Says a lot about the place.]

As for the sculpture, there's nothing wrong with it that a well-hurled brick wouldn't fix. Mind you, I feel that way about practically everything by Bruce Naumann.