Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bro's Notes

Philosophy Bro:
Look, so, nothing matters, right? Shit's fucking weird. We all want to know how the universe ultimately works or who's running the show or whatever, and it turns out - TRICK. FUCKING. QUESTION. No one's running the show, and the world is unreasonable. Ever had some shit happen to you that made you go, "Why the fuck did that happen? There's no reason for that." Turns out, you were right. So our attempts to impose reason on the world will fail. Death and taxes, my friend. Death and motherfucking taxes.

So what do we do? What's the point? Should we just end it if nothing matters? No, says Camus, thats the pussy way out. Instead, we should embrace the fact that nothing makes sense. Don Juan, the fuckaholic that started it all, he embraced the absurd. Life has no meaning, so he. fucked. everything. He didn't try to impose meaning or find meaning or make his own meaning - that shit is useless, and Camus says there's no hope for that, so cut it the fuck out.

FORGOT THE ILLUSTRATION UPDATE:

The Зорб of Sisyphus

8 comments:

M. Bouffant said...

I couldn't agree more, & if I gave enough of a shit I might even express it better/louder, but of course it doesn't matter & I don't care.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

It's not called Empire Of The Senseless for nothing.

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

If it's not jo-bro-ing, I'm not interested.

No, seriously, that was really funny.

Smut Clyde said...

So our attempts to impose reason on the world will fail.

That sounds to me like an existential threat.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

What's Nick Gillespie got to do with it?
~

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

*guffaw*

williamrobertway said...

See, I never tried to make sense of the world and always assumed it was arbitrary and chaotic. But then I had to start explaining to myself why I continue to breathe despite not expecting to survive past 30. And some shit, weirdly, does make sense. I'm a little in awe, frankly.

Substance McGravitas said...

Why? Clean living.