Monday, October 25, 2010

Enthusiasm!

Tris Hussey:
So today’s TEDx event was focused on education, a topic near and dear to me because am, after all, and educator as well. Not only do I write books, but I teach as well. In fact, next Saturday (next week), I’ll be right back at UBC Robson Square to teach my Building Websites with WordPress class. Fitting then that I would be at my first TED experience, which focused on education, in the very place where I educate others.
Gee, I hope pipefitting instructors have the sense of mission that this gentleman does. The next set of cubicle drones is in good hands.

14 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

? These are people who are paying good money to learn how to build a website with WordPress.

Talk to Jennifer and BG. It's way too hard for me.
~

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Oops those ladies use typepad.

Talk to Ned, oh wait he's an engineer, so probably you have to take the class after all.
~

mikey said...

Wha...???

Building a WEBSITE with WORDPRESS?

Man, talk about using the wrong tool for the wrong job.

Sure, I knew people who wrote letters in Lotus123, but this is ten thousand times worse.

This is like deciding to go to Cleveland on an Alligator....

Substance McGravitas said...

There'd be a panic, the alligator would tip over and catastrophe would ensue.

ckc (not kc) said...

...plus alligators are quite flammable, so I'm told

Substance McGravitas said...

Not for nothing do they hang out in swamps.

NutellaonToast said...

I want to take an alligator to Cleveland really badly now.

fish said...

Then build a website with Wordpress.

Substance McGravitas said...

PERVERSE.

Kathleen said...

dont take it in a tote bag on an airplane though

Smut Clyde said...

alligators are quite flammable,

Isn't that how the great Chicago Fire started?

Substance McGravitas said...

If you are an educator who teaches I am happy to take your word for it.

mikey said...

No one can prove that there were zero Alligators on the Hindenburg that fateful afternoon in New Jersey...

NutellaonToast said...

I don't know how I'm supposed to take an alligator anywhere with putting it in a tote bag...