Monday, October 31, 2011

No No No

Jay Nordlinger:
If you’re a conservative, perhaps you’ve had this same experience: In the past few weeks, several people have said to me, “Have you made your peace with Romney? Have you accepted him as the nominee? Are you resigned to him?” My answer is: I actually look forward to his nomination. And to his candidacy in the general. And to his presidency.

I think he’ll be quite good, if he gets a chance.

Obviously, there is a big sincerity question about Romney: Does he mean what he says? Does he intend to do what he pledges? I think so, yes. All candidates tell people what they think they want to hear, to some degree. Frankly, I imagine most people are guilty of this, whether they’re in politics or not.

But
STOP RIGHT THERE FOR GOD'S SAKE.

6 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I think he’ll be quite good, if he gets a chance.

I'm hoping Michele goes "rogue", splitting the tea party and generally throwing monkey wrenches into the GOP machine.

The thought of movement conservatives swallowing their pride and eating the Mitt sandwich, though, gives me a nice, bitter feeling of schadenfreude, though.

Dragon-King Wangchuck said...

Have you made your peace with Romney? Have you accepted him as your personal nominee and candidate for President? Salvation can only be attained through teh gract of Jes^H^H^H Ronald Reag^H^H^H^H

Substance McGravitas said...

The reason why it's ALL GOATSE ALL THE TIME at the House of Substance is because I figure it's what you want.

J— said...

Bookmark this, liberals, for Nordlinger's post-election day post on what a lousy, liberal candidate Romney was.

tigris said...

Romney has met my expectations as ex-governor, I'll give him that.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I kind of fell like tigris means that in a non-complimentary way, despite the construction.