Thursday, November 5, 2009

The White Man



From What is the What, which has few if any Tasmanian prison camps thus far, but more African refugee camps. About the same proportion of violence slavery and genocide.

Updated!

Playing doctor:
-Now we'll play hide and seek, Agar said. -First, you have to find something that I hid here. Agar pointed to her chest. I took in a quick breath. Even thinking of it now, I cannot believe it happened, that I was chosen for these experiments! But this happened, exactly as I say it did, and next she said the words that I still hear today, when I close my eyes and lay my head to rest.
-You have to look for it. With your hand.
I glanced to the other girls for help. They nodded at me. They were all in on this! I felt as able to put my hand under her shirt as I might make fire from earwax.

6 comments:

Rusty Shackleford said...

Follow-up to Who's on First?

Substance McGravitas said...

The story to that starts on page 61 which is part of the Google Books preview. It's an interesting story.

fish said...

Reminds me of the old Malcolm X poem.

ckc (not kc) said...

viz.

Substance McGravitas said...

That thing came up outta her ear ON FIRE?

ckc (not kc) said...

(I couldn't find one* with the hand-up-the-shirt, so I went with the burning earwax)

*truth content not exactly as pictured