Friday, September 1, 2006

What a fucking dumbass:

Do you think on the whole, has feminism done more ill than good to America?

Mansfield: Yes, I think it has. Feminism has two main concerns. One is women’s careers, and the other is getting women equal in regard to sex. And it’s in the latter that feminists have done the most damage. But I think we could have welcomed women into the workforce without feminism, and that if we had things would be much better now. But the feminists came along with their notion of creating new identities for women. They thought that this would require that women be as adventurous in sex as men are.

So they made a very strange alliance with sexual liberation and went ahead to play a game that really is a man’s game, the game of sexual conquest. And so they’ve abandoned any standard of sexual morality for either women or men because they were so opposed to the double standard of sexual morality.

2 comments:

Marita said...

I had a very hard time getting past the first paragraph, where he described Mansfield as "America's premiere political philospher", as it pretty much told me all I needed to know about the quality of the piece.

What a couple of tools.

Righteous Bubba said...

I run across this guy a lot in regard to grade inflation. He's a tool in that field too.

It's just so ripe for parody, but I haven't got the patience for it.