Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bookmarking It

I guess we'll see if this is right:
ANDREW C. MCCARTHY

Mitt Romney wins … decisively.

– Andrew C. McCarthy is a former federal prosecutor and New York Times bestselling author.

ROGER L. SIMON

Nevertheless the part of me that is not superstitious trusts the one person who knows more about elections than anyone I know — my friend Michael Barone. Michael says Romney will win. So I’m choosing to believe him, when my blood sugar is okay anyway.

– Roger L. Simon is the co-founder and CEO of PJ Media.

VICTOR DAVIS HANSON

I think Romney will win by a point and the Republicans will come up one or two seats short in the Senate.

– Victor Davis Hanson is the Martin and Illie Anderson Senior Fellow in Residence in Classics and Military History at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University, a professor of Classics Emeritus at California State University, Fresno, and a nationally syndicated columnist for Tribune Media Services.

CLAUDIA ROSETT

It seems safe to predict that if President Obama wins, it will be close. If there’s a landslide coming, it’s for Romney. But apart from that, I’d be lying to suggest that I could with any confidence foretell which way this election will go.

– Claudia Rosett is journalist-in-residence with the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, and heads its Investigative Reporting Project.

ROGER KIMBALL

Romney is going to win, big time. Why? I can tell you in three syllables and a few numbers. The syllables are: Ben-gha-zi.

– In addition to his work at PJ Media and The New Criterion, Roger Kimball is the publisher of Encounter Books, a purveyor of serious non-fiction titles from a broadly construed conservative perspective.

ZOMBIE

Who is going to win the presidency? I don’t know. Furthermore, nobody else does either. Everyone is biased; everyone has an agenda. Even those who imagine themselves to be neutral.

MICHAEL WALSH

Romney by an electoral college landslide — more than 300 votes.

– Michael Walsh is weekly op-ed columnist for the New York Post and a regular contributor to National Review Online.

DR. HELEN SMITH

That said, two people have changed my pessimism about the election. First, my husband Glenn, who has never wavered in his faith that Romney will win, even months and months ago when it seemed impossible. We were at dinner one night with an entrepreneur and reader of Glenn’s blog who said that Instapundit was the only place he could go that made it sound like Romney had a chance. Another place I turned for encouragement was Roger Kimball’s blog. He also believes that Romney will win and win big.

And now as I see the crowds and the momentum that Romney is building, I have hope that Romney might win, just as Glenn and Roger Kimball do. I am naturally a pessimist at times, but I predict (hope, pray?) that the American people will not let the great American experiment go down the drain that easily. I predict and hope for a Romney win.

But even if my prediction doesn’t happen, I take comfort in the knowledge that there are a great many people in this country who will continue to fight to keep the American dream alive and will not let one man and his enablers destroy the vision that has brought prosperity to so many.

– Dr. Helen Smith is a forensic psychologist and a distinguished writer who has written for a variety of publications, including the Los Angeles Times, the Christian Science Monitor, and the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

RICHARD FERNANDEZ

If I were to guess, there’s a 50% chance it will be Romney by a squeaker, a 30% chance it will be Romney by a landslide, and a 20% chance Obama will pull it off.

– Richard Fernandez has been a software developer for nearly 15 years.

J. CHRISTIAN ADAMS

Romney will win because Catholic voters, particularly in the belt from Harrisburg to Minnesota, break for Romney. Obama will lose the election because he invaded one of the most sacred American traditions — religious liberty.

– J. Christian Adams is an election lawyer who served in the Voting Rights Section at the U.S. Department of Justice.

DAVID P. GOLDMAN

The Senate is virtually a lost cause due to Republican errors in Kansas and Indiana. The presidency is a toss-up.

– David P. Goldman joined PJM after nearly 10 years of anonymous essaying at Asia Times Online and two years of editing and writing at First Things.

ANDREW KLAVAN

I believe Mitt Romney is going to win by a fairly large margin.

– Andrew Klavan is an award-winning author, screenwriter, and media commentator.

ION MIHAI PACEPA

There is no doubt in my mind that the overwhelming majority of Americans will vote for Mitt Romney.

– Ion Mihai Pacepa is the highest-ranking official ever to have defected from the former Soviet bloc.
All predictions edited to get to the point. Tsk tsk, Dr. Helen.

16 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Looks like somebody needs to look into J. Christian Adams wikipedia entry.

Nothing screams "accuracy" quite like footnote links to the Corner.
~

Dragon-King Wangchuck said...

,,,and will not let one man and his enablers destroy the vision that has brought prosperity to so many.

Let me just point out that "his enablers" = a majority of American voters.

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

Booktarded.

mikey said...

Benghazi? Srsly?

I mean, the only people who believe something nefarious occurred (other than, you know, the killing and burning and shit) never change the channel from Fox News and were going to vote for Romney anyway. Of all the events that might have affected the election, Benghazi is just not one of them...

mikey said...

For the record, I certainly do not expect anything unexpected to happen...

M. Bouffant said...

I'm sure the "highest-ranking official to defect" is a big fucking expert on democracy & "free" elections.

And Cat-licks appear to be the last great white hope for many: "Obama's Unprecedented Collapse Among Catholic Voters Puts Midwest in Play" headlines Joel Pollak.

I'm w/ mikey, but what do we expect the unexpected would be?

Another Kiwi said...

Erm, note to loonies: Unskewed polls is not real. Landslides is not real. But, as i said at Roy's place, I think these people are so far through the fucking mirror that they will think that Romulan won and will live in a USA2 for a long time.

Smut Clyde said...

It seems safe to predict that if President Obama wins, it will be close. If there’s a landslide coming, it’s for Romney.

That was clever. "I can't bring myself to express the confidence in Glorious Leader that is expected of me, so I will make a partisan prediction about an alternative reality in the hope that it gets me off the hook."

Smut Clyde said...

Hale-Bopp is all booked, but there are still seats on Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON)

Smut Clyde said...

Ah, Ion Mihai Pacepa. An invaluable source of information about Saddam's WND, about the KGB's use of programmed human puppets to assassinate Kennedy and Chairman Mao, and about the communist plot to revise WW2 history and make it look as if the Papacy collaborated with the Nazis.

Apparently he is also the expert on large penes and genital cosmetic surgery among KGB agents. I am not making this up.

Smut Clyde said...

Dr Helen is the pick of the bunch. "I used to worry that events in the real world might not conform to my preferences, and my clapping for Tinkerbell lacked confidence, until I learned to limit my information input to two sources that reliably told me only what I want to hear!"

This woman is a forensic psych. Courts take her opinions into consideration when deciding whether someone is sane enough to plead, or is likely to re-offend.

Substance McGravitas said...

It's sweet relief until Obama celebrates with some faggy French drink called shampagny or something.

fish said...

SO CLOSE!

Smut Clyde said...

Let the record show for the future that Michael Walsh regards "more than 300 votes" as "an electoral college landslide". A mandate, even.

Substance McGravitas said...

A good point.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

A link to this post should be posted in the comments at any article any one of these idiots posts, ever again.