Monday, October 15, 2012

Self-Promotion

Apparently in my always-being-culled-because-it's-overstuffed-but-always-being-added-to-because-I-am-packratty bundle of RSS feeds (latest update today somewhere down at the bottom-right of the page) I have a guy called Dan Zarrella, the Social Media Scientist. Old post, but see if you can get why brogrammer culture takes a beating from just one tiny excerpt:
In preperation for my upcoming webinar, The Science of Social Media (register now!), I’ve developed a new tool: WhoReTweetedMe.com.

7 comments:

Smut Clyde said...

I find that Got Medieval fills all my Marginalia needs.

Substance McGravitas said...

It's in.

Only 43000 more items to go to get current! Yes, I am reading the oldest items.

Smut Clyde said...

Tell me more of these "WhoreTweets".

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I find that Got Medieval fills all my Marginalia needs.

Never give away your trade secrets, old chum!

M. Bouffant said...

I got six "new" items to go, Mr. Info Overload.

mikey said...

Only 43000 more items to go to get current!

OK, one of us is unclear on the concept. Because this would seem to defeat the purpose of using the tool in the first place...

Substance McGravitas said...

Think of it as iTunes shuffle for news.

I ordinarily read in alphabetical order - whatever comes up first gets read - and I get a pretty wide variety of stuff in one sitting.

Going through the old stuff now because things like the Hoefler-Frere-Jones feed have been really cool (and they don't seem much interested in doing current blogging). I'm up to last year, about this time.