Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Human Body Project

The Vancouver Fringe festival is over, and the only thing I went to see was Tasha Diamant's Human Body Project. She explains the project here. The Project itself was a standard theatre space with her walking around in front of a couple of signs - VULNERABLE and PRIVILEGE - and the audience doing what it likes. I'm skeptical that the project achieves what she hopes it can - although a friend I went with was moved to tears so I'm a big skeptical jerk - but at the same time she's a very smart and perceptive person attempting to reveal rather more of herself than most people feel comfortable doing, and the dialogues that form between her and her "audience" (can't really call it that if it's in the street) are very interesting, and people can become moved to reveal their own vulnerability.

She's worth supporting.

1 comment:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I admire any and everyone who takes risks to make us better people.
~