Saturday, September 7, 2013

Routine Head?

SPUTTER.

BRRRAAAAAAIIINNNNZZZZ

Okay okay, I've been lazy here, but I've been busy elsewhere, the above being part of the action. There's no emergency or crisis or anything, just poking around in there.

Thanks to the wonders of the Canadian medical system I have received a copy of my brain on a disc, and yet I have no Roomba in which to put it. The disc comes with some kind of Windows reader and the files are in DICOM format, so I had to do a little digging. In what must be an obvious relief to those with fears of immortality, some folks have come up with a medical image viewer and called it OsiriX.

Once fired up, OsiriX noticed the disc immediately and imported all the image data, and it has a ridiculous number of ways to look at and tint them. In this view, for instance, it's clear that my mercury levels need topping up:



Looking for other heads? Here are some free ones in blue.

5 comments:

ckc (not kc) said...

...you can't fool me - that bottom one's Donald Trump!

Smut Clyde said...

I HAVE NO ROOMBA AND I MUST CLEAN

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

So that's what the goatse cortex looks like.
~

tigris said...

So that's what the goatse cortex looks like.

Hee hee, don't you expect the last (I started to say "bottom") one to have hands pulling the top of the head open?

Smut Clyde said...

don't you expect the last (I started to say "bottom") one to have hands pulling the top of the head open?

I vaguely recall a horror novel cover along those lines (by John Holmes IIRC).