I am bored. Stealing an idea via Snag. I own - or have owned - all of the following.
1. Title track: Any song that is also the title of the album from whence it came, such as “Piano Man” from the album Piano Man.
2. I Command You A song title which is a command in the grammatical sense, such as “Don’t Stop” or “Please Please Me.”
3. Human Anatomy 101 A song about a part of the body, whether it’s the eyes, the heart, or the toe. Any part of the body at all.
4. Song about waiting Self-explanatory, surely.
5. Novelty song:
6. Great song on a shit album Again, that’s obvious enough. A song you like from an album you don’t.
7. Song from 2008 Yes, it’s time for you people to get current again. Any song that was released this year.
8. Song about school:
9. This & That A song with a title using the conjunction “and” . . .
10. Dedication: dedicate a song on your mix to someone!
Dedicated to my lovely six-year-old daughter who likes angry music in Spanish.
11. Favorite song from the year you graduated high school.
12. Song you are most surprised to discover in your CD/MP3 collection. Alternate category name: “That’s not mine, officer.”
I have no musical guilty pleasures. Should someone else want to be embarrassed on my behalf, here:
13. Kick-ass cover The old favorite.
14. Song with your name in the title You can use your middle name if you can’t find anything for your first name.
Let's pretend my name is Vincent.
15. Smoking song—a song about smoking, what else?
16. Song about magic
17. Next song Heidi should learn on the guitar (a.k.a. While Stennie’s guitar gently weeps)?
18. Introductory song: Song you would like to have played by Paul Schaeffer and the CBS Orchestra if you were a guest on Letterman.
19. Amnesia: a song about forgetting
20. Amnesty song As always, a song that you would have liked to use in this (or any other) mix, but couldn’t seem to find room for.